I am "real". My intention is to be a fully present and an engaged counselor. M y focus is on helping you find your own unique way along the path of life. I am deeply sensitive to the upheaval that transitions bring and to the feelings associated with loss, grief, trauma, family issues, divorce, addiction & recovery, as well as, major lifestyle changes and career issues.
In addition to having a MS in Marriage, Family and Child Therapy and being a licensed MFT (MFC 53709), I am recognized by the Sandplay Therapists of America (STA) and the International Society of Sandplay Therapists as a Certified Member. I have completed over 130 hours of sandplay theory, done my own personal sandplay process (over 40 sessions), participate in ongoing depth work & study, coordinate San Diego's "Friends of Sandplay" group, and have published in the Journal of Sandplay Therapy .
My personal style and working environment provides a non-judgemental and comfortable therapeutic space for you to explore your inner self and then be able apply that work into your own life and personal environment. I am committed to my clients' growth and believe therapy is helpful for many, yet not all. To determine if working together makes sense, I offer a free 30-minute face to face consultation. M y office condo is located in the quiet community of Hidden Meadows, just north of Escondido, CA.
- EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- MS, Marriage, Family and Child Therapy
- BS, Microbiology & Chemistry
- The Professional Program In Sandplay Studies Certificate, UCSD Extension
- Certified Sandplay Therapist-STA/ISST
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist,
- MFC #53709
- Sandplay Therapists of America, International Society of Sandplay Therapists
- Certified Member
- Clinical Member of CAMFT & the North County San Diego Chapter of CAMFT
- Private Practice, Escondido, CA
- Veteran's Village of San Diego, New Resolve Program, Escondido, CA
- The Elizabeth Hospice, Escondido, CA
I love being with family and my dogs, Monte and Bronwen. My favorite things to do are to spend time in nature, take long walks, practice yoga, garden, craft, read, and spend time with friends.